- What character in this book would you most like to meet and why?
- Which Callahan sister could you identify with more?
- Did Rachel Callahan surprise you?
- Of all the characters, whose likeability factor changed the most? (Whether you thought they were good-hearted in the beginning but disliked them in the end, or feared them at the start but grew to like them.)
- Who, at one time or another during your read, did you feel could be the kidnapper?
- Do you believe some people are clairvoyant?
- Have you yourself ever experienced a premonition or seen a ghost?
- If you had to send one person, from your book club, to participate in an Area 51 secret government program, who do you feel would handle the situation best?
- If you have not read the prequel, Project Dream, what do you believe the children experienced in that Nevada desert?
- If Lisa Callahan had gone to the desert instead of Rachel, how much would the story have changed? Would she have used drugs?
- Do you feel Jack’s decision to protect Mikala on his own was warranted? Wise?
- If your child was clairvoyant, would you tell anyone?
- What do you think Mikala Daly is going to be like when she grows up?
- Do you believe the United States government would ever design a child prodigy program for the good of the country?
- If you had the chance to ask the author one question, what would you ask?
Feel free to email other questions to email@example.com. Thanks for reading!
_________________________________________ Cyndie Zahner is the author of The Suicide Gene and Dream Wide Awake. Listen to her BookCircle Online interview about how her 9/11 premonition influenced her writing of the novel Dream Wide Awake here, follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, BookBub, LinkedIn, purchase her books on Amazon, or sign up for here semi-annual newsletter here.